Would you like to better integrate French in your everyday life?
Are you eager to put into practice what you have learned in your French classes, but don’t feel ready or comfortable enough to do it in a French only environment?
Join us at our next French Friday!
What is French Friday exactly?
- A free conversation event where you can dare to speak French while having fun!
- 9 Francophiles with a good basic knowledge of French (A1 minimum) who want to speak French.
- 1 Native Speaker: Isabelle (Founder & Language Coach @Prêt à Parler Geneva) to guide you through the process and offer her help, tips, and advice.
- 2 ½ hours of French Conversation during which you can have lunch and/or drinks (at your own cost) over your lunch break. (You may arrive a bit later and/or leave earlier to better fit your busy schedule.)
- Explanations in English, when necessary, so you don’t get lost in translation!
Next conversation event
Friday, 5 May 2017
11.15 – 13.45
Hotel Eastwest, Geneva (a 5 minutes walk from Gare Cornavin)
During this event, you will:
- Talk about your work (past, current and future!)
- Learn new vocabulary, expressions, and pronunciation tips in a friendly atmosphere.
- Receive helpful input to boost your confidence and improve your French conversation.
Be ready to:
- Introduce yourself in French
- Talk about your work (daily tasks, schedule, responsabilities, what would be your dream job, your aspirations, etc.)
- Ask questions to the other participants
- Share what you like and dislike about your job! (If you are looking for a new challenge, come and share your story with the others!)
- Dare! Don’t be afraid to make mistakes: it’s the best way to learn!
Thank you Isabelle for a fabulous French Friday! It was a lot of fun. I have had many French Canadian teachers and you are my favorite one. 😊 I was very happy to have the opportunity to speak French, learn new vocabulary, have my French corrected, and meet other French students. Looking forward to the next French Friday in May! (Anna from Canada)
Thanks a lot for organizing this great event, Isabelle! I really enjoyed the conversations and learned a lot. The venue was great, too. (Melanie from Germany)
Fantastic event: great food and great conversation. Un grand merci, Isabelle! (Tanya, England)
Ce fut un énorme plaisir pour moi d’avoir pu assister à votre French Friday. C’était riche en informations et très bien organisé. Je vous félicite pour votre super travail! (Ibrahim, Marocco)
Thanks for organising this great event, Isabelle! It was a relaxed environment and a fun way to practice French! (Lucy, England)
Thank you Isabelle for a great event. I enjoyed everything: the company of very nice people, the conversation, the lunch! It was my first time and I was speaking a lot! (Petra, Poland)
French Friday is all about speaking French while having fun.
Will you dare to join us?
We recommend reading our blog to learn new tips on how to help you better integrate French in your everyday life.
Subscribe to our newsletter now to receive a free French Survival Guide as well as our weekly tips before everyone else!